Sunday, March 9, 2008

We Found the Wild Things
















We went to the Zoo in Topeka yesterday and had so much fun. I hear the Zoo in Kansas City is spread out so I'm glad we went to Topeka. It is a very small zoo but just perfect for the kids. It's hard to beat the zoo we had in Virginia but this was nice. Derek is a budding photographer he took some of these pics. The ones that are very blurry were taking with his Phone-not a good camera! I think the giraffe was trying to kiss me! We were very close!! Derek just thought that was the funniest thing! My favorite part of the whole day was when I told Noelle we were going! She started jumping up and down singing "we're going to the zoo zoo zoo and you can come too too too!!!" The scariest moment was at the lions! It's kinda freaky as a mom watching the huge cats watching your children! Especially with the attacks recently in the news! We basically had the whole zoo to our selves! Outside the zoo there is a big park with lots of things for the kids to play on. By then I was bored and cold but I still let them play for a few minutes! At the petting zoo the big sheep baaaad at derek! It scared him! I laughed so hard! Then he thought it was funny so they baaaad back and forth! So we saw Lions, bears snakes fish hippos, apes-I loved by the way! They looked so in love and she was picking at his ears! That's true love!

No comments: