Thursday, March 6, 2008

Trying to Motivate the Monsters

OK I need some help from my friends and family! The weather is getting better-and we are going to spring training this weekend so hopefully when we get back, spring will be here. It has been a long winter and I have enjoyed baking and eating cookies!! So now it is time to lose the winter blas and pounds I have packed on! Why is it so hard to motivate when u get older??? I have tried the gym-boring! So I use to run so maybe I'll try that again! Heather, if your reading this give me some tips! My friend heather ran the rock-and-roll 1/2 marathon for the first time a few years ago!! And Michele and Kelly use to drag me running! I need you guys!! So today I am starting. Derek and I are jogging to his school and Noelle is taking her bike! It was so much easier to go for a jog before I had kids!! Wish me luck! I'll take my phone and maybe we'll get some funny pictures of getting mom back into shape for summer!!!!

1 comment:

Heather McKeating said...

Hi Amy,

Well I am not sure it is the getting older part as much as it is to find the time to run:( I am having that problem right now and I want to get back into it badly!

Find 30 minutes a day and start the walk/run and each day or every other day increase the running and reduce the amount of walking and do not be embarrassed if it is only a little bit at a time. YOU MUST WORK BACK INTO IT!!! I truly mean that... But the most important thing is giving yourself that 30 minutes a day.. I am still looking for it but spring is right around the corner:)

Love
Heather